Saturday, February 4, 2012

One door closes, another one opens...

Well there definitely isn't any turning back now. I handed in my two weeks notice this Monday, and we finally signed the paperwork to sublet our apartment within 90 days.

Next week is my last week at work, so hopefully I will make it in for my last week as I have not been feeling well these last couple of days and already missed a couple of days of work last week.

I'm sad to be leaving the many wonderful people whom I work with, but at the same time I'm so excited for this amazing new adventure and new opportunity to start out new with my family.

So far our house search has hit a dead end in Bridgetown. It's been more of a challenge for us I suppose than for most people, as we haven't been able to find a suitable home that fits our small budget. I guess the good part of it all is that we have made a connection with a good real estate agent in Bridgetown who is keeping an eye out for us, but so far there is no luck. It's just a waiting game now to see what will turn up in the market.

Right now, the only option which seems affordable is a house located right in the downtown core with a small lot (only big enough for a garden area), which is not our preferred choice, but seems like it's the only thing we can afford.

It's a nice house, and it would need a lot of work, but because of it's location it's actually dirt cheap and affordable, and if we were buying that house in Toronto, it would cost us a fortune.

Michael made a good point in mentioning that the downtown house would be better than anything we could ever dream of owning here in our entire lifetime in the city, and that it is a good house for what we can afford right now if we want to live in the town we want.

I'm hoping that our real estate agent in Bridgetown will come up with something suitable for us before the April and May deadline we've set for ourselves.

It's a quiet day today. Mike's dad came by to visit the Grand Kids and played a bit of guitar for them. The boys seemed quite happy to see him and to hear him play guitar.

Right now the hardest part is just waiting for the right house to turn up. I guess I wouldn't feel so anxious if we already had something already lined up for us there on the other end....

Well that's it for now, still no snow on this end...it's been such an unusually mild winter this year...but I guess that's a good thing for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment