Monday, February 20, 2012

An Angel Beamed Down From Heaven!

So it snowed Saturday morning here in the GTA, and I thought that it was going to be a winter wonderland day as I looked outside and saw that everything looked like a holiday Christmas card and wonderful visions of taking the boys down the street to the park to do some tobogganing got me excited and looking forward to the day... 

Unfortunately, by the time I grabbed my camera to take a picture of the picturesque winter wonderland for my blog, most of the snow had already began to melt away, and all my hopes for a nice day of gentle tobogganing with the boys also melted away with the snow, and of course, WE STILL HAD ABSOLUTELY NO NEWS REGARDING THE HOUSE ON COURT STREET!!!! IT'S NOW MONDAY MORNING AND THE BLOODY HOUSE IS STILL NOT LISTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Is my frustration coming across clearly?)
On a good note however, the boys discovered during their apartment adventures that if they stand in the corner and shout against the wall that their voice echos back at them and this has now become one of their favorite pass times. Here's Oliver giving it a go...
Followed by Benjamin doing the same thing....
They did this for several minutes and got quite a kick out of it...

As it was getting close to bedtime I decided to make cupcakes to cheer us all up a bit - Michael especially likes baked goods, so cupcakes it was as the boys looked on as I placed on the final touches....
Oliver looking on as I made cupcakes...
A close up of the cupcakes (just to make everyone drool!)
Benjamin having fun with the oven mitts he stole from the kitchen when my back was turned...

On Sunday, Michael's family friend Vicky came over to visit us and to see the boys for the first time, and to our advantage, she also happened to be a professional hair dresser! So she brought over her scissors and she cut everyone's hair for free!!! Awesome!! I'm sure other parents of multiples probably understand just how much of an exciting event this was for me - IT SAVED US SO MUCH TIME AND HASSLE - WE LOVE YOU VICKY!!!!
Vicky is an amazing friend and hairdresser - she started with Michael's hair first so the boys could see their Daddy getting his hair cut and wouldn't be so afraid to cut theirs...
Oliver looking on as his father had his hair cut...
Couldn't help but take a close up...
The boys helped me sweep up Daddy's hair...

Then it was Benjamin's turn to get his hair cut, and to my amazement, he sat through his hair cut like a perfect angel! He was so relaxed and calm...
Awww....He looks like such a grown up little boy with his hair cut!

Finally it was Oliver's turn, and again, I was amazed at how calm Oliver was as well during his hair cut. Vicky did such an amazing job...
It was my first time meeting Vicky, and I was so impressed by her kindness and patience with us. After she had cut all Mike's and the boys' hair, she drove Michael to the grocery store and helped us do our grocery shopping! Michael felt as if an angel was dropped down on us with Vicky's visit. She listened to our desperation as being isolated parents of multiples with very limited help from family (God knows they are doing they're very best to help us though, but they just can't give us the help we need as we all live so far apart from each other), and she offered to come over again and help us watch the boys and take us to do more grocery shopping! I can't say enough what an amazing help she was. 
We figured the least we could do to thank Vicky for all of her hard work and kindness was to invite her to stay and have dinner with us, and you'd think that she would be done for the day after all she did for us, but to put the icing on top of the cake, this amazing woman offered to give me a trim after dinner! 
Thanks Vicky for taking care of my family and for cutting off all my split ends!















1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete