Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Glorious Heart Of Bridgetown

Oliver playing with kids band aids...

Dear Bridgetown, 

Michael's 3rd official day has in Bridgetown has finally come to an end, and another day starts for him soon again, while I sit here jumping anxiously out of my skin with excitement to join him tomorrow like a silly school girl who just got that toy that she really wanted for Christmas, and wow what a glorious 3 days it has been for Michael! 
His experience in Bridgetown has surpassed his expectations of what he expected small town life to be, as he's been overwhelmed with the countless visits from kind hearted neighbors and Bridgetown folk who have gone out of their ways to introduce themselves to him upon his arrival and to offer their assistance in any way that they could, whether it was to bring a coffee for him, or a sandwich, or to offer a hand to move all of our stuff off of the truck...You've made Michael so very, very, very happy, and you've made him feel right at home....Thank You Bridgetown! 

Everything ready to go by the door!

Thanks to your generous heart, and your close knit community, I was able to sleep a better at night knowing that Michael was taken care of, and was safe...and I just can't wait to hop on the plane tomorrow with my little monkeys and finally get to meet everyone in the community! 

When you have twins, you collect a lot of baby stuff!

So, my moment will finally come tomorrow when I get to meet everyone and see our new home for the first time! I look forward to seeing Michael and Maya (the family dog) again, and I can't wait to see the expressions on the boys faces when they see their father again as they've been asking for him all week.

I've learned from this whole experience that sometimes life throws you challenges you can't even imagine surviving at times, but it really reinforces my belief that everything happens for a reason. When Benjamin and Oliver were first born, we were not only first time parents, but also first time parents of twins, and not only were we overwhelmed (and I was also very sick for about 2 months after my C-Section), we had very little help from friends and family because, well living in the city everyone is busy and everyone's time is limited, so no one could give us the help we needed. We hardly thought that we would all survive the first 3 months of Bennie & Ollie's life, and although things did get a bit easier as the boys got older, life was still such a struggle for us and indeed so much of a struggle that we were forced to really make a life changing decision....

...And so we did! Our decision lead us the best life possible, and the life that would fit us the best! Michael and I are small town folk by heart! And I know we'll just fit right in :) But really and truly, if you really think about it, Bridgetown found us and I think that it was waiting there for us the whole time...just waiting for us to take a step on it's path and follow it all the way home!

Goodnight Bridgetown, sleep tight, and see you tomorrow :)




No comments:

Post a Comment