Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Mother's Day Departure...


As I type away at this new blog post, Michael is currently in Grand Falls, New Brunswick with his good friend John and our dear family dog Maya! They all arrived in New Brunswick safe and fast, considering they left Toronto, ON at 6:00 AM this morning!





Benjamin, the woodland forest creature!

It was indeed a bittersweet and crazy weekend leading up to Mother's Day today, because even though it's only my 2nd official Mother's day being a mother, it's officially my first time spending it without Michael, and it feels odd to sit here and type this without him by my side. The last time we were apart for this long was about 3 years ago when my father passed away and I had to fly to Guyana for his funeral for a week. It was hard being away from him then, but it's different now, because our relationship has evolved and changed so much since then, and of course we have Benjamin and Oliver now in our lives. So our relationship has enriched over the years, and even though we're far from being the fresh starred crossed lovers from 4 years ago, our relationship has grown into something so much deeper and stronger...

Let's play with all the woodland creatures of the forest!


They're hiding in the most unexpected places...


So as usual, I took on the duty of taking care of the boys, while everyone else followed Michael to the storage unit to empty all of its contents into the truck, and then on Saturday we had to actually rent a cube van to move all of the stuff we brought over to my Mother-in-law's house and to load on all the extra stuff she gave us for our house! Thanks to her we don't have to buy anything for the backyard!

Here's one!

So long story short, we couldn't fit the big moving truck up our in-laws drive way, so hence the cube van to move the items to the storage unit where we ended up packing the moving truck...

Saturday was just madness for me, as all of the baby stuff got packed and taken away, so I was left without any highchairs, and no cribs! I felt like a busy mother hen chasing after her little ones running in all directions and trying not to loose them and keep them out of trouble, and of course I was also playing double duty trying as I was moving things at the same time.

Here's another...

So my last night with Michael was a restless one, because we all slept in the same room - Michael and I slept on the bed, and we placed the boys on a the floor on a futon, and they both had a restless sleep because they weren't in their cribs. They kept on turning around in their sleep and bumping into each other or rolling off of the futon all together! Poor little things...I finally managed to get the playpen from downstairs and somehow get it upstairs to the bedroom where we were all sleeping and put Oliver in the crib, and let Bennie have the futon all to himself which seemed to solve the problem...however by the time we had resolved the sleeping arrangements for the boys it was 4:15 AM and it was time for Michael to get up.

A glimpse at the Mini Van...

So my Mother's day started out with me falling asleep from exhaustion on the too small of a couch in the downstairs living room while Michael packed up his back pack and a few essential items along our family Dog Maya and left with his Mother who dropped him off at his friend John's place in the wee hours of the morning - so I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye to him officially!

Lots of stuff!

Oh well, good news is that I touched base with him as soon as I woke up, and everything is packed and is on it's way! So I can't complain, and I'm feel very lucky and blessed that we had SO MUCH HELP from our family and friends, and overall it was a nice quiet Mother's day with myself and the boys.

Surviving this morning without the highchairs!

The boys woke up very happy his morning with big beautiful smiles for me, and it started off my day on a good note. I then took the boys for a walk in the morning today and bought them a couple of toy cards and picked up my Mother-in-law a card for Mother's day, and then the rest of the day was pretty much my usual routine with the boys.

When I was feeding them their afternoon snack, Ollie said "Dada?", and I told him "Daddy is on a truck with his friend John with all of our things and he's going to our new house!" Then they both smiled when I said this, and said "Daddy, Daddy!" I think they sort of got it?! :) At least I think that Oliver got it, since he's so obsessed with cars and he actually does understand what a truck is :)



So I will try to update this blog again tomorrow as soon as I have any updates...at the speed that Michael and John are traveling at, they might even get to Bridgetown by tomorrow afternoon!

1 comment:

  1. The story is quite interesting and it begets the curiosity to read next part of the story. The child are so cute. Thanks for sharing your story with us.
    Lone Mountain Truck Leasing Review

    ReplyDelete